During the first half of 2017, the entertainment industry saw significant changes including new streaming providers and evolving offerings from existing operators in the live TV, skinny-bundle market, expanded viewing options from sports leagues, and an increase in voice-supported technology within homes. To remain competitive, pay-TV operators must keep a pulse on the evolving TV landscape and monitor how these changes affect consumer viewing habits and perceptions.
Download TiVo's just-released quarterly report for insightful, unbiased feedback on key topics, including:
- New: How targeted marketing efforts educating viewers on voice functionality increased adoption and engagement.
- New: How different generations want cross-catalog video experiences, combining pay-TV and Netflix, Hulu, etc.
- New: Usage of advanced content discovery functionality, including search and recommendations, and the affect these have on viewer engagement and satisfaction.
- New: Voice functionality adoption among smart home device owners, and what that means for pay-TV operators.
- New: How age influences who streams sporting events.
- Quarter-over-quarter and year-over-year trends across pay-TV, OTT, TVE, TV network apps, connected devices and video content discovery.