TiVo’s Video Trends Report: Staying Home
TiVo’s Q1 2020 Video Trends Report analyzes data from our consumer opinions survey, examining responses from more than 4,500 viewers in the U.S. and Canada. It includes internal data related to the recent COVID-19 pandemic.
Some key report findings:
- Pay-TV subscribers generally use seven video services while broadband-only subscribers use about five video services
- 46 percent of respondents expressed satisfaction with their free/AVOD services; the number of respondents indicating they were “very satisfied” with their free/AVOD services increased 11 percent from Q4 2019
- 84 percent of survey respondents are interested in viewing, browsing and searching content from every available source – from broadcast television to subscription streaming services – unified in a single experience or interface
- When it comes to the most common way viewers discover new shows or movies, “Commercials or ads that run during other TV shows” (55%) surpassed “word of mouth” (49%)
- Respondents said they engage with recommended content 40 percent of the time across both streaming and pay-TV services
Complete the contact form to download the report. Feel free to contact us with any questions.